***Nurse Assistant Open House***
Where: Henry Ford West Bloomfield
6777 West Maple Rd.
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
When: February 6th, 2020
Time: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
What:Part-Time and Full-time positions available on all shifts. Walk-In's are welcome!
Under the direction and supervision of the responsible Registered Nurse (RN), performs specific patient care duties to meet safety and comfort needs of the patient. Provides input to assist the RN in planning and implementing patient care. Responds to emergent situations according to established procedures. Recognizes and participates in own continuing education. The Nurse Assistant follows the Henry Ford Health System Team Member Standards of Excellence in all interactions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains effective, professional, and appropriate communication during all patient, family encounters and healthcare team member interactions. Actively participates in
- Obtaining RN shift report
- Peer handoffs
- Bedside handoff
- Identifies concerns related to patients, staff, and self, and communicates with the responsible RN.
- Actively participates in the shared governance process to promote nursing and team practice.
- Maintains commitment to peers evidenced by healthy communication principles and positive problem solving.
- As directed, assists the RN in admitting, transferring and discharging of patients.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patients' comfort and privacy and is engaged in patients' care. Answers patient questions, and explains procedures when performing.
- Provides personal care assistance to patients, including bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting, mobility, comfort and transportation.
- Provides therapeutic patient care under the supervision and/or direction of the RN, to include the following duties (per business unit process):
- Measures, documents and reports vital signs
- Collects, labels, and documents specimens at bedside
- Gives non-medicated enemas
- Changes colostomy bags
- Assists with restraints, unsterile dressings, warm and cold packs
- Follows proper isolation techniques and procedures
- Assists with oral care
- Performs venipuncture and chemsticks
- Performs EKGs
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Completion of a Nurse Assistant program with or without experience in the Nurse Assistant role or Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA-preferred) with or without experience in the Nurse Assistant role OR currently enrolled in a nursing program and have successfully completed the Fundamentals of Nursing course or foreign trained and licensed RN who has relocated to the United States and does not hold a Michigan RN license.
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) preferred or are currently enrolled in a nursing program and have successfully completed Fundamentals of Nursing or successfully completed the Henry Ford Health System Nurse Assistant Program.
- Complete BLS Heartsaver Certification during orientation.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Disclaimer: The career event and job fair calendar on the website is a complimentary resource for employers and career event organizers. Job seekers are strongly encouraged to verify the dates and details of the career events and job fairs posted on our website prior to attending. The LocalJobNetwork™ disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the events posted on our website.