Wire Harness Component Engineer - Southfield, MI
The primary responsibility of the Component Engineer is to design and develop wire harness components (metal and plastics) for automotive wire harnesses using a focused and disciplined approach. Ownership of entire product development cycle of assigned part(s) including adherence to specification, quality, cost, weight and on time delivery.
- Develop and Release Robust On Time Designs
- Ensure Adherence to Specification for Assigned Parts
- Ensure Design Meets Customer Requirement
- Track and Control Design Changes
- Support On Time Part Delivery
- Perform Root Cause Analysis
- Support Cost, Weight and Warranty Reduction Activities
- Support Harness/Vehicle Assembly Plants
- Work Cross Functionally with Customer, Suppliers, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing, etc.
- Support Design Reviews
- BS in Engineering or Equivalent Experience
- 4-5 yrs Experience with plastic/metal parts design
- 4-5 yrs 3D CAD (Catia/NX) Experience
- High Level of Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to Work as Part of Cross Functional Team
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- 4-5 yrs Knowledge of Tooling for plastic troughs/channels and stamped brackets
- 4-5 yrs Knowledge in FEA analysis
Southfield, Michigan, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, are encouraged to apply.