We are currently looking for an Algorithm Technical Specialist to work in our Troy, MI location. The successful candidate will be responsible for the co-supervision of all technical aspects regarding the algorithmic functional areas.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Consult core algorithm teams with regards to urgent technical challenges
- Expert in the field of algorithms - ideally in the active safety domain
- Compile future algorithm needs and assist Global Chief with the strategy development for the group
- Help coordinate the Global EGMs and provide direction to them from a technical perspective
- Lead the team of algorithm architects (potentially become a Global EGM for the Algorithm Architects)
- Provide on-site and customer support in cases of immediate need
- Responsible for the shift to the left of the core algorithm team
- Improve collaboration between advanced engineering and production engineering
- Identify gap closures between ADP and PDP in terms of communication and technology development
- Help core algorithm teams with university collaborations, trainings, workshops, conferences, etc.
Need to Haves (Basic Qualifications)
- Masters in Engineering degree
- 3+ years of experience in algorithm development in the autonomous space
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications)
- PhD in Engineering
- Understanding of the control side of the autonomous vehicle
- 3+ years of experience in research & development
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.