Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
About this Position
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Perception Algorithm Development Engineer in our Troy, MI location. The successful candidate will develop robust, real-time scene perception algorithms and motion planning algorithms, where the key challenge is to comprehend and predict the scenarios, accurately assess the risk and threats present, and bridge the gap between object-tracking and vehicle-control algorithms.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Algorithm development including: Road-model Estimation, Target Selection, and other Scene Perception algorithms
- Optimization for real-time implementation
- Software implementation in MATLAB or C/C++
- Data analysis to assess and correct performance deficiencies
- Validate and assess algorithm performance on real and synthetic data
- Support on-road testing and data collection efforts
- Master's degree in Engineering; including Software Engineering
- 6+ months experience with State/Parameter Estimation, Target Tracking, Evidential Reasoning, Optimal Path-planning or Situational Assessment
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications)
- 2-5 years of job/research experience in related algorithm or software development.
- Proficient programming in MATLAB or C/C++
- Strong understanding of probability theory, linear algebra and data analysis
- Good understanding of computational complexities, code optimization and data structures
- Ability to quickly comprehend, implement and evaluate new algorithms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with good problem-solving skills
- Results oriented, and previous demonstrated experience in product quality and innovation
- Able to develop cost competitive, state of the art, technology for best in class products
- Background in one more of the following areas: radar, computer vision, sensor fusion, numerical methods, or statistical methods.
- Experience in working with MATLAB coder or Simulink
- Experience in implementing machine learning techniques on real-world problems
- Experience in working on multi-thread platforms
- Experience using revision control tools such as Git
Traits We Seek:
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solve problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Advanced Safety and User Experience encompasses our deep expertise in software, centralized computing platforms, advanced safety systems and automated driving focusing on five areas that are transforming mobility: Safety Electronics, Infotainment, User Experience, Autonomous Driving and Connectivity & Security.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.