Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
About this Position
The "Prototype Vehicle Technician" role is centered around the build-up of prototype autonomous vehicles, starting with an Autonomous Vehicle sensor architecture. The successful candidate for this role has a self-starting mentality, deep technical knowledge of automotive sensors and electronics, can influence both engineers and technicians, and enjoys working hands-on with prototype vehicles.
Responsibilities and Duties
- All aspects of Prototype Vehicle builds including but not limited to:
- Sensor bracket design and fabrication
- Wiring harness manufacture
- Vehicle teardown and rebuild (interior, exterior trim)
- Installation of sensors, brackets, power distribution, wiring and computers
- Vehicle and system diagnostics including CAN, Flexray and Ethernet
- Flashing software to sensors, ECUs, and calibration of Autonomous Vehicle sensors such as lidar, radar and cameras
- Also occasionally conduct vehicle maintenance and assist test engineers with Autonomous Vehicle testing
Need to Haves (Basic Qualifications)
- 2 year technical Degree or certification in related technical field (such as automotive)
- 2+ years' of experience as a vehicle technician in an OEM service or R&D/Engineering environment
- 2+ years' of experience working with automotive electronic sensors
- Vehicle body and interior R&R experience
- Electronics - vehicle systems wiring experience
Nice to haves (Preferred Qualifications)
- BMW, Audi, Ford or Chrysler Certified technician with dealership experience
- ASE Master Technician certification
- Vehicle PC experience, basic component level programming experience, arduino, Raspberry pi., etc.
- Experience working with/on Autonomous Vehicles or other Prototype Vehicles
- Experience with Autonomous Vehicle sensors such as lidar, radar, cameras
- Experience calibrating and flashing software to Autonomous Vehicle sensors
- Experience with 3D printing and rapid prototyping
- Experience with CAD software packages and part design
Traits We're Seeking
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solve problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
- Self-challenging personality, strong desire on staying in the leading edge of data engineering, research, propose and implement the better ways to get the job done.
About Advanced Safety and User Experience
Advanced Safety and User Experience encompasses our deep expertise in software, centralized computing platforms, advanced safety systems and automated driving focusing on five areas that are transforming mobility: Safety Electronics, Infotainment, User Experience, Autonomous Driving and Connectivity & Security.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.