Under supervision from the Manager, Revenue Integrity or other more senior Revenue Integrity Team members, the Revenue Integrity Specialist is responsible for the facilitation of multiple Revenue Integrity initiatives to support individuals and teams working on RI initiatives focusing on revenue cycle integrity. Due to its service focus and project management emphasis, this position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, well-developed analytic and organizational skills. The Revenue Integrity Specialist applies a variety of continuous improvement and process improvement initiatives working with individuals and teams from project conception to implementation of process improvement initiatives. Project work may include technical analyses or may require facilitation of a large multi-disciplinary group of administrators and/or medical personnel. Works collaboratively with leadership to increase efficiencies, reduce variability, reduce errors/defects, and involve all appropriate personnel. Prepares reports and recommendations for management and coordinates implementation whenever possible. This individual provides needed continuous improvement training and education and works closely with other RI personnel to meet education needs at all levels throughout the institution. May supervise work of tasks of students or interns. Communicates regularly with Management on specific projects. Flexibility, innovation, and creativity are necessary characteristics of the successful candidate. Individual is expected to continuously learn and apply new continuous improvement methodologies, and to spread successful innovation through the institution.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- A degree in nursing (BSN) or RN, business administration (w/ quality/operations improvement emphasis), healthcare administration (w/ quality/operations improvement emphasis), organizational development, or similar field, preferred.
- No experience required.
- Clinical experience or revenue cycle processes experience, preferred.
- Hospital billing and healthcare finance background strongly encouraged, preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to teach complex technical/analytical concepts to management and staff.
- Ability to manage simultaneous assignments with potentially conflicting priorities and deadlines. Ability to identify when input from Director, Manager or other senior staff members is necessary. Ability to be flexible and adaptable while still meeting goals and due dates.
- Growing strength in influencing and dealing with conflicting priorities and interests.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff across the System.
- Growing base of analytical/technical, facilitative, and process improvement knowledge.
- Knowledge of effective data gathering techniques.
- Sound decision-making skills.
- Growing project management skills.
- Strong diplomacy and collaboration skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Coding Credential (CPC, COC, CCA, CCS, RHIT) or Clinical Credential (RN, NP, PA) preferred. Certification in some or all of the following: Lean, Six Sigma or equivalent industry training and experience preferred.