The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual "50 Best Places to Work" award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal "Best of the Best"
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
Location: Romulus, Michigan
- This position is responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of a mid-sized plant facility. Includes overall personnel responsibility, manage training programs and overall facility operation and maintenance. Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements. Manages plant business and budget issues with General Manager interface and plant performance with Director of Operations interface. Reports to a General Manager or Regional Operations Manager.
- Directs day-to-day operation and maintenance activities.
- Primary liaison with the customer on matters pertaining to daily operations including the scheduling of production levels.
- Ensures the facility is operated in a safe and environmentally responsible manner in compliance with the core values of DTE Energy and all local, state and federal regulations.
- Develops the annual O&M budget.
- Controls expenditures to ensure costs remain within budget.
- Schedules and coordinates major maintenance and contractor activity to coincide with the production requirements of the customer.
- Prepares periodic status reports that describe operating performance, issues and forecasts of future performance.
- Implements a planned maintenance program consisting of predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance activities documenting such activities through the use of work orders and similar processes.
- Conducts or arranges for periodic training for all plant personnel covering technical, safety, environmental and supervisory topics as appropriate.
- Ensures that all employees and contractors abide by established policies and procedures pertaining to plant safety and environmental stewardship.
- Works with Director of Operations and operations support personnel to share and implement best practices throughout the organization.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- A minimum of a high school or technical school degree.
- Eight years experience relevant to the specific facility.
- At least three years with supervisory experience.
- An understanding of the technology utilized by the customer and how it relates to the commodities and services provided by DTE Energy Resources/Services.
- Knowledge of the regulatory processes under which the facility operates.
- Ability to manage a workforce within the parameters of a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple simultaneous activities.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of staff and management both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with email, scheduling, time reporting software applications.
- Proven ability to take tasks, assignments and projects from start to completion without significant supervision.
- General understanding of income statement and the financial impact of operational and maintenance decisions at the facility.
- Ability to function within a matrix organization in which functional and business leaders have equal authority within the organization and employees report to both a functional leader and a business leader.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with both a functional and business leader, who collaborate on employee issues and decisions (including performance management, compensation and development).
- In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to: stand or walk and stoop or kneel.
- Frequently, the employee is required to sit.
- It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to: talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms extensively.
- The employee in this classification will be required to frequently lift objects of up to 10 pounds in weight.
- Occasionally the employee will have to lift or move objects of up to 25 pounds in weight.
- Vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee performs job duties in a climate controlled office environment, with a moderate noise level.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and/or machinery. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand or walk and sit. Occasionally, the employee is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to: talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and frequently reach with hands and arms.
The employee in this classification will be required to frequently lift objects of up to 10 pounds in weight. Occasionally the employee will have to lift or move objects up to 50 pounds in weight.
Vision requirements for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.