Senior Sourcing Specialist
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist is responsible for facilitating the Strategic Sourcing Process. Strategic sourcing contracting duties include using a fact-based, rigorous process that involves: substantial internal data gathering and evaluation; extensive external data gathering and interactions; selecting the most appropriate strategy and negotiations approach; and ultimately selecting and managing the right suppliers.
Successful candidates will possess Action oriented, Customer Focus, Time Management, Written Communications, Peer Relationships, Self-Development, Functional/Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Technical Learning, Priority Setting, Perseverance competencies.
- Lead the sourcing process for assigned spend categories and assist the Sourcing Manager with the development of the overall sourcing strategy and opportunity assessment.
- Successfully manage multiple complex projects through cross-functional collaboration and a disciplined approach to project management that enables consistent implementation.
- Analyze large data sets effectively, identify process improvement solutions, formulate recommendations, and influence decisions.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with manager-level business stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a deep category expertise for categories under management, including a detailed knowledge of the supply base, best practice sourcing strategies, and project-specific service level agreements.
- Successfully apply a detailed acumen of current market trends to impact negotiations and strive for fair market pricing.
- Operate efficiently within Procurement and other internal groups to gain an expert understanding of Company's business model, systems and projects.
- Anticipate business needs and ensure a proactive outreach to internal/external stakeholders
- Compile customized reports from to analyze supplier information in order to understand current costs and ensure best pricing.
- Develop negotiation strategies and lead contract negotiations with suppliers.
- Ensure organizational goals, including budget, savings, and supplier performance measures, are met.
- Manage the total cost of the supplier relationship; participate in the supplier performance evaluation process and benchmarking.
- Administer, follow up and verify that corrective actions are being implemented for key underperforming suppliers as established through supplier quality metrics, scorecards, and audit reports.
- Contribute to the creation or amendment of Procurement policies and processes.
- Utilize e-Procurement systems to facilitate sourcing, contracting and purchasing activities.
- Under the direction of the Category Manager, assist with analysis of contractual agreements for trends/inconsistencies/opportunities for efficiencies