Please note that this is a Multi-Term student program. Students applying to this posting are indicating they are available to work two or more terms prior to graduation (i.e. Winter, Summer and/or Fall). Individuals applying to this posting, who can only work Summer, will not be considered.
DTE's popular Co-op Program is accepting applications for students interested in working for DTE during 2018. In order to make the application process easier, we have streamlined all jobs, in Southeast Michigan, to this posting. If you want to get professional experience, preferably in a field of your study, all you need to do is apply to this posting - regardless of your major.
During the application process you will be asked a series of questions. These questions will be used to best match your interests and background to one of our hundreds of opportunities. Our goal is to match you with an opportunity that will help enhance your education. Please make sure to answer all the questions, so we can make the best match possible.
Students who meet program eligibility requirements will be sent an assessment. Applicants who pass the assessment, will be forwarded to recruiters. Recruiters will reach out to candidates, as matches are made, between now and the end of August.
Degrees typically hired by DTE for the Co-op program, include, but are not limited to: Engineering (all types), Science (all types), English, IT Related, Communications, Forestry, Business Admin/Mgt, Accounting/Finance, Math/Stats, Meterology, Forestry, GIS, Geography, Construction Mgt, Media Arts related, Human Resources, Marketing, Economics, Undeclared Majors, etc...
For more information on our program, please visit the Student Employment section on our career webpage.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to participate in the program.
- Graduate seniors, from high school, who will be attending college in the Fall 2018 term, are eligible to participate, if they meet age requirements.
- All students must be, at least, 18 years of age by the time they start working to be eligible.
- Have a 2.5 minimum, cumulative GPA.
- College students will be asked to provide an official transcript as proof of eligibility prior to receiving an offer letter of employment. High School Seniors will be asked to provide a college acceptance letter prior to receiving an offer letter of employment.
- Some positions will require driving. Those positions will require the student to have a valid driver's license, a reliable means of transportation and an acceptable driving record.