The Center Manager is primarily responsible for leading plant operations for a center, utilizing World Class Manufacturing principles to achieve production and cost targets. The Center Manager will drive a culture and processes that promote continuous improvement in safety, quality, cost and delivery. This position will work with senior management in the plant to maximize overall quality and efficiency through involvement of the workforce. This role will manage a large, multi-shift unionized operation, managing both hourly and salary personnel including Maintenance, Quality and Engineering personnel. The Center Manager will manage and lead the interface and collaboration of key stakeholders in the operations center such as Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Maintenance, Production, Materials Logistics, Human Resources, and Finance. The ideal candidate will not only bring technical functional depth and credibility, but must also possess the requisite executive leadership traits and business acumen to interface with the Senior Manufacturing leadership and executive management team and develop, communicate, lead and motivate their center's operations team. In addition, the Center Manager will lead World Class Manufacturing and change management initiatives in the center, with a passion for excellence and delivery in all manufacturing and business initiatives.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the center team to achieve all business objectives including safety, quality, continuous improvement, production, profitability, customer service, and other internal metrics, consistent with World Class Manufacturing principles.
- Supports all aspects of production processes including safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale and drive successful implementation of WCM processes and standards
- Oversee all personnel for the center, maintenance, quality, and tool and process engineering, both hourly and salary
- Review daily expenditures and follow up on anomalies
- Lead World Class Manufacturing and change management initiatives in the center, drive workforce engagement, and provide coaching and feedback to all employees.
- Ensure compliance in all audit initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, delivery, cost savings, and employee morale in the center
- Manage allocation of resources to support WCM project completion Drive launch and mid-cycle action activities, cost improvements, and raising the bar on quality and product safety
- Monitor launch curve attainment for new programs and establish PDCA as needed
- Coordinate project plans with maintenance and engineering organizations
- Lead the elimination of waste in all aspects of the business
- Teach, cultivate, and promote teamwork and problem solving in a positive, proactive work environment