Ecolab is seeking a Project Engineer in Farmington Hills, MI. In this position, you will provide expertise in water and wastewater treatment processes including design, installation, operations and maintenance for our Global Team.
What's in it For You:
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Development / refinement of process flow diagrams for various water and wastewater treatment system included, but not limited to filtration, membrane filtration, ion exchange, physical / chemical treatment (DAF, Clarification, metal precipitation) and biological systems.
- Prepare preliminary project design information including coordination of necessary sampling an analytical, preliminary project equipment layout and footprint.
- Assist in developing RFQ's for vendors based on project goals and design.
- Attain quotations from various vendors for said equipment and assist with qualifying vendors.
- Develop budget estimates based on vendor equipment quotes and subcontractor installation quotes.
- Assist with the procurement process to attain chosen equipment needed to meet project schedules.
- Quality Control processes for received equipment and startup services of Abednego designed systems.
- Coordinate and supervise startup activities including I/O checks, system startup checks and startup training. Support Project Management staff on startup of new / modified water treatment systems.
- Assist with completion of as-builts / post startup documentation
- Support Nalco Transportation Sales and Managed Operations Team Technically including Global activities.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Proven ability to execute water / wastewater system implementation, startup and ongoing reliability.
- Electrical Wiring and design experience along with VFD experience.
- Strong background of pump operation, including centrifugal, multistage and chemical feed systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel; Typical maximum travel requirements are 30% (continental US only at this time).
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical Engineering or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.