Under the direct supervision of Rehab professional staff, provides non-skilled support services such as: set up and clean-up for patient care, supply ordering and inventory, and equipment cleaning. May perform a variety of clerical tasks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates the readiness of patients for treatment
- Transports patients to and from therapy (in-pt) or escorts patients into the out-pt treatment area from the waiting room. May also transport patient care equipment to in-pt rooms (walker, cane, etc)
- Provides a variety of duties to assist the Rehab professionals in the provision of care in the presence of the therapist or assistant, i.e. moving the IV pole or wheelchair while a patient is being ambulated, assisting with support of a limb during ROM assessment
- Clean and organize all treatment equipment
- Retrieves and returns treatment supplies and equipment to and from storage/cupboards/closets
- Prepares and clean whirlpools
- Cleans and monitor temperature of hydrocollators, refrigerators used for patient supplies, any other equipment requiring monitoring.
- Stocks clean linen and remove soiled linen
- Monitors supply par levels, assists with supply inventory and may assume responsibility for ordering
- Maintains awareness of patient safety issues within the clinic and in the use of equipment. Assists in the maintenance of patient care equipment as needed.
- Provides of a variety of clerical support functions that may include: copying, filing, chart prep/break down, sorting/organizing, use of computer for such tasks as ordering, scheduling, data gathering
- Enhances knowledge and development through participation in department meetings, in-services and training.
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to HFHS HIPAA policies
- Maintains adherence to the HFHS Code of Conduct, as well as all other HFHS policies and procedures.
- If requested, represents HFHS at community functions.
- May have other duties assigned as needed
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Current Adult Heart Saver certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire)
- Basic computer skills and willingness to learn new skills needed to perform job