As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!The Strategic Sourcing Lead role is responsible for managing sourcing activities and supplier relationships within specific assigned indirect spend categories. This is a highly strategic and visible role, that will work with cross-functional business partners to take advantage of synergies at larger scales where possible and maximize value by reducing overall costs while improving the quality and overall supply requirements of goods and services purchased in the category. This role must be able to influence and form strong partnerships with other leaders, while focusing on best practices, the creation and attainment of operational excellence, and managing multiple priorities. The Strategic Sourcing Lead will conduct and oversee the end to end Strategic Sourcing Process.
*Hybrid Schedule offered: Monday-Wednesday in-office, Thursday-Friday flexible/remote days.*
What You'll be Doing:
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategies in Agile Retail Environment.
- Work with cross functional teams to provide advice on the development and direction of category sourcing plans that will have a positive impact on budgets and P&Ls.
- Drive continuous improvement in spend management processes and implement tactics to drive compliance across the organization.
- Continually develop strong relationships with internal business partners across the company and stay connected to their individual business strategies and needs.
- Develop, execute RFX's and manage supplier contracts and agreements.
- Accountable for the realization of strategic and financial value.
- Lead strategic/critical thinking and supplier management in assigned indirect spend categories. Accountable for leading the development and execution of multi-year category strategies.
- Bring new ideas, methods, and approaches to stakeholders. Leverage expertise to challenge the status quo and drive decisions and actions necessary to improve business processes.
- Cultivate leadership skills and create an environment of continual improvement both in and outside of the team. Provide leadership and direction to Strategic Sourcing Specialists and/or Analysts.
- Continue learning new category knowledge to prioritize and adapt in a constantly changing retail environment. Serve as a thought leader aligning Meijer's sourcing objectives and strategies with overall business objectives.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
What You'll Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management or related, MBA desired.
- 5+ years of experience in a sourcing environment with a successful track record of developing and executing supplier or customer strategies and programs to achieve savings goals.
- Retail or Consumer facing industry preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in partnering effectively across business to meet objectives and savings goals.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Demonstrated category expertise in the categories under management.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Professional, ethical personal conduct and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex pricing proposals and formulate a strategic plan.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix structure or lead teams across reporting lines
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and resources at once.