Drive Your Career
Lear Corporation is the leading Tier 1 automotive supplier serving all of the world's major automotive manufacturers with our world-class automotive seating and automotive electrical products. Our products are developed and produced by a diverse, talented team of more than 165,000 people. With operations in 39 countries, Lear operates in every major automotive manufacturing region in the world. For our globally positioned and successful teams, we are looking for dedicated talents with zest for action and enthusiasm. If you love challenges, want to experience development opportunities unrestrained, and want recognition that pays off, then you've come to the right place with Lear.
As a member of the Automation team, the Install Technician will be responsible forreporting to the Install Supervisor.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Following health, safety, environmental regulations, and safety protocols (safety harnesses, fork truck, scissor lift, boom lifts, LOTO)
- Building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among all team members
- Following tasks given by supervision/management
- Unloading and moving equipment into position, per layout
- Mounting electrical devices, install cable tray, run sensor cabling, 24VDC circuits, 480VAC circuits, airlines, and ethernet to the equipment
- Making connections into the MCP
- Working with controls team to debug systems
- Reading and analyzing prints, layouts, and timelines
- Reviewing drawings and verify site inventory
- Improving installation efficiency
- Contributing and building to team atmosphere
- 2 years of mechanical and/or electrical installation experience
- Self-driven and a quick learner
- Must be a team player. Outward Mindset and inclusive team building techniques
- Expert experience with forklifts, rigging, and hand tools
- Knowledgeable of automated equipment wiring (I/O Link and Ethernet)
- Self-driven and willingness to work long hours during installations, if required
- Understanding of facility requirements (i.e. air, ethernet, 110VAC, 480VAC, water)
- Ability to travel globally up to 80% of the time
- Ability to read 2D mechanical and electrical prints
- Ability to sit, stand, and kneel for long periods of time
- Ability to concentrate on a given tasks and not be distracted
- Ability to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movements
- Ability to lift, carry, and/or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Lear Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.
Applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and will become the property of Lear Corporation.