As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Remote and Hybrid Work Schedules Available - Must live within the Meijer footprint [Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kentucky] Or, be willing to relocate (relocation assistance available).
Remote Option: Work remote M-F, AND be available as needed to attend occasional on-site meetings as required at Meijer corporate offices in (Grand Rapids) Walker, MI.
Hybrid Option: Work office M-W, work remote Th-F
Currently, Meijer is seeking an Advanced Scrum Master for our Store Team Member Experience solution team. This team is building best in class solutions for our stores using the latest technologies. The Advanced Scrum Master provides leadership of Scrum activities to multiple teams, overall business process and technical guidance, and acts as a subject matter expert for an Agile team. The Advanced Scrum Master will work with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of Agile software development.
What You'll be Doing:
- Act as subject matter expert for SAFe and for the business area to coach team members on Agile principles, LEAN, systems thinking, business process, system design, and alternative solutions as appropriate. Ability to mentor other Scrum Masters on the train.
- Provides leadership and technical or functional consultation for new solution development.
- Ability to lead without explicit authority. Removal of impediments to the teams' success.
- Manage ongoing release coordination for their scrum teams, by aligning with all stakeholders.
- Alignment of teams to the Program Increment (PI) Objectives and consistent delivery of value. Guidance for the team relating to utilization of Agile practices and how to best ensure successful self-organization.
- Facilitation of discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution in support of attainment of value without coercion or dictating the work to be completed.
- Support of and collaboration with the Product Owner (= business owner) with respect to grooming and maintaining the product work backlog
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's or 12 years' experience (or comparable combination of education and related experience).
- Scrum Master certification (CSM, PMI-ACP, PSM preferred)
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the Scaled Agile (SAFe) framework, or any SAFe certification or training is preferred.
- Must have proven experience leading multiple scrum teams concurrently
- Must have strong prioritization skills
- Prefer experience performing in a developer, software engineer, application engineer or business analyst role.
- Must have strong aptitude to understand technology and applications, and curiosity to ask relevant questions to their teams and stakeholders.
- Previous large/multiple project experience preferred
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Skilled at presenting and participating in Program-level Agile ceremonies, such as ART Sync, Feature Grooming, and PI Planning events.
- Leads application of the principles, practices, and theory of the Scrum Master role in Agile development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with Agile process, tools, and techniques, including Program Kanban boards, User Story writing, Burndown techniques, and Retrospective facilitation.
- Understanding and translating complex technical concepts into easy to understand business language.
- Strong knowledge of Agile software development processes and techniques.
- Strong leadership and team building skills. Ability to work well on cross-functional Agile teams and foster team commitment to tasks.
- Ability to navigate intra-team conflicts and drive resolution