Under the general supervision of a Physical Therapist, assists the Physical Therapist in providing treatment that improves patient mobility, relieves pain, and prevents or lessens physical disabilities of patients.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs patient treatment, and objective data gathering under general Physical Therapist supervision as appropriate and in collaboration with other health care providers.
- Documents patient care and billing information timely and in accordance with department standards.
- Communicates with co-workers, and other professionals, including physicians and nurses as needed to ensure optimal patient care.
- Functions as a team member in care of patients and in mentoring with other staff.
- Delegates non-patient care tasks to support staff as appropriate.
- Maintains clinical productivity standards.
- Maintains technical clinical expertise through ongoing clinical education.
- Participates in in-services, staff meetings, quality activities and aspects of program development.
- Maintains awareness of patient safety issues within the clinic and in the use of equipment. Assists in the maintenance of patient care equipment as needed.
- Maintains patient confidentiality according to HFHS HIPAA policies.
- Maintains adherence to all applicable Federal/State law/regulations, APTA standards of practice, MI Licensure requirements, the HFHS Integrity/ Compliance Program, Code of Conduct, as well as all other HFHS policies and procedures.
- If requested, represents HFHS at community and professional functions.
- Participates in student education programs
- May have other duties assigned as needed.
- Physical Therapist Assistant Associate's degree acquired from a Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) accredited program
- Current State of Michigan licensure
- Current CPR certification (or obtain within 90 days of hire)